background

Friday, October 7, 2022

Two Woodland Themed Baby Showers

 I just wanted to share photos of my daughter's two baby showers she has had. One hosted by myself, and the other hosted by my long-time friend Regina. Hopefully these will inspire you to put your own twist on for an event!




This shower was hosted at The Gathering Place, which is an old school/church that has been converted into a venue. And it happens to be a part of my childhood! I love it's rich woods and old stones. It was perfect for the theme.

The second shower was held at a local community center. As you can see, I borrowed some of Regina's decorations. I only decorated these two areas... where they would sit and open gifts and the cake table. Our large family usually has "pot-luck" type showers since we are so large. This shower was a "finger-food potluck" and we had SO much yummy food!!!

Balloons and backdrop from Amazon.

(See how I made the cake topper and decorated the cake on a previous post.)



In the second photo, you will see on the right a can of birch bark pretzel sticks and in the basket are tiny goodie bags. 


The pretzel sticks were super easy!
Supplies: 
1 package candy coating (almond bark) vanilla
1 bag of pretzel sticks (I found mine at the Dollar Tree)
1 Hershey Bar

Melt half a package of candy squares in a microwave-safe tall mug according to package directions.
Dip pretzel sticks in mug and/or spoon coating up over the pretzel stick. Lay out on wax paper to dry
When finished, Melt Hershey bar in a small glass bowl. BE CAREFUL, it will scorch!
Use a butter knife and splatter melted chocolate over pretzel sticks. Flip and do the other side. 
This does get messy!!! I had chocolate splatter all over my bar! But it cleans easy. 
Then find a cute container to put them in and ENJOY!

The goodie bags were a project that I have been saving for YEARS to do. The bags are actually Playtex bottle bags from when my children were babies. I have been saving these this whole time for this purpose. Since the theme was woodland animals, I filled each bag with both regular and chocolate animal cookies. I made small tags using the Canva website and the images I purchased from Etsy, then punched them out using a circle punch from Hobby Lobby.  I just tied them with baker's twine and put them in a bushel basket I've had for awhile. 

We had several games to play:

Take a Wild Guess
A Diaper Raffle
Baby Boy Name Race
Baby Word Scramble
The Price is Right
Baby BINGO

When guests first came in, they had a chance to go ahead and get in on the games. We had a table set up (yes, that is a very short kid's lunch table) with the Take a Wild Guess game and the Diaper Raffle. I created posters on the Canva website using the clip art I had purchased on Etsy. I found these photo frames at the Dollar Tree. On that day, they did not have any regular photo frames. I decided to get these because I can use them at craft fairs for my WhimZ B business... get it.... BEE.... hexagon... beehive..... anyway....   I just had a small notebook with a pen beside a container of teddy grahams. Each person had to guess how many bears were in the container and write their guess on the paper beside their name. The winner (who gets the closest without going over) won the container! This container came from the Dollar Tree. The lid does not fit well, so I had to tape it on. I finished it off with jute twine and pip berry garland  also from the Dollar Tree.


I also had a Diaper Raffle going for anyone who brought diapers as gifts. I had cut pieces of paper into business card size and had a cute tin from the Dollar Tree ready to put their names in. The gift basket is behind. My daughter found the basket itself at a thrift store and I filled it with items from the Dollar Tree and the Dollar General and a candle from Walmart along with a Sonic gift card. I got my prizes for the other games from The Dollar Tree in the Dollar Plus aisle as well as candles from Ross. They are in the background.

Baby Boy Name Race
I made this just using each letter of the alphabet. Guests race to see who can fill in all the blanks... a boy name starting with each letter of the alphabet. First one finished (with legitimate names of course) wins!

Baby Word Scramble

I created this by combining different games I found on the internet. Guests have 2 minutes (or the first one finished) to unscramble these words that have to do with a baby. Either the first one finished or the one with the most correct wins.

The Price is Right

This was a fun game, and was one of my gifts. I bought each of these things at Walmart, then wrote down the price of each. I put each of these things in a basket. During the game, each of these were brought out and showed to the guests one at a time. The guests then had to guess how much each item cost. When finished, each guest must add their numbers to get a total. The one who is closest to your total without going over wins.

Baby Bingo
This is a family favorite. We usually play this while eating. Before the gifts are opened, each guest fills in their bingo card with things they think will be given. Items such as diapers, wipes, onesies, bibs, bottles, etc... During the gift opening, guests mark off anything that is opened. We always have a Bingo prize table set up that we all contribute to. It can be anything... clearance items, slightly used items, thrifted items, books, gifts that we could "re-gift", etc... We have something for everyone, men, women, and kids. Any time someone bingos, they just shout "BINGO!" and get up and get one thing off the table. We usually have enough prizes that we can go multiple times. Here is our prize table:

You can download my copy of this game to print here.

I hope this post has inspired your baby shower in some way! Later, I will share more amazing recipes that I used for this event. 

 











No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Moving!!

  In an effort to build my pattern designing business, I now have my own domain! Visit my NEW blog at:  thewhimzb.com   Come on over and see...