background

Sunday, July 2, 2023

Patriotic Shelf Sitter: My first crochet pattern is up for purchase!

This has been an exciting week!! After a very long pattern writing process and an ordeal to reopen my Etsy  and Ravelry shops, I have put up my first listing.... my crochet pattern for this little fella!! He is a Patriotic Shelf Sitter.


I first saw the idea for a shelf sitter in a crochet doll group I am in. Someone had modified one of the doll patterns to have longer legs and arms and be able to sit on the edge of a shelf. I loved the idea! And soon I was off on an adventure of my own to also modify the dolls into adorable little decorations. After making several, ideas were bombarding my mind of how to streamline my own pattern that I could adapt into different characters for different holidays. I had a certain idea for how I wanted the hands and feet to look. So I began my journey with a bunny. 


Pattern available on THIS previous post.

I love to decorate for holidays. I decorate my home and my office cubicle. These shelf sitters are perfect for decorating. After making the bunny, I wanted something for the 4th of July. At first, I was going to make good ole' Uncle Sam, but then I was seeing a lot of vintage Independence Day art on Pinterest and this little fella came into being. 

Can't you just picture him sitting in a little wagon on the side of the street, waving his little flag as the parade goes through town? That is totally what I see.

This patten is fairly easy. If you are a beginner, I do have a link to helpful YouTube videos included in the pattern. It also works up quickly, so you still have time to whip one up before the holiday!

Pattern is available in My Etsy Shop and My Ravelry Store.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Moving!!

  In an effort to build my pattern designing business, I now have my own domain! Visit my NEW blog at:  thewhimzb.com   Come on over and see...