background

Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Cheap, Quick and Easy Layered Summer Dessert

 


Happy Independence Day!! Let's celebrate the day (or any day) with this cheap, super quick and super duper easy layered dessert!!

I came up with this idea on my way to a family get-together. I had not felt well, so I didn't feel up to making a complicated dessert. We stopped at our local grocery store to pick up a pre-made dessert, when what to my wondering eye did appear???? But shiny red strawberries, hanging out beside an angel food cake my dear!! "AHA!!" I did squeal, and the idea formed in my head... with other ingredients too.... blueberries and Cool Whip!

Since we were going to a family gathering where several have trouble with their sugar, I chose a sugar-free angel food cake and sugar free Cool Whip. I also bought an adorable strawberry slicer and off we went! I borrowed a bowl and assembled it in very little time.

You can either prepare the cake pieces and slice the strawberries ahead of time... or.... make it as you go. That is usually what I do. 

This is so easy....

Grab a big bowl. A trifle or glass bowl would be perfect to showcase this beauty. But, alas, I got rid of mine while decluttering.

Ingredients:

1 Angel Food Cake

1 lb strawberries, rinsed and fairly dry

1 cup blueberries (optional) rinsed and fairly dry

1 tub Cool Whip

Pinch cake into bite sized pieces. Cover with a layer of Cool Whip and then berries. Repeat this until you use up your ingredients. Make the top pretty!!

Let your dessert chill for maximum flavor... the longer the better!

Enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Moving!!

  In an effort to build my pattern designing business, I now have my own domain! Visit my NEW blog at:  thewhimzb.com   Come on over and see...