background

Monday, September 4, 2023

My latest pattern: the Scarecrow Shelf Sitter!

 


   


Recently, I released my second shelf sitter pattern... this adorable scarecrow!!! Ya'll know I LOVE SCARECROWS! They and pumpkins are my favorite fall things. Don't you love their cute little overalls?? He kinda reminds me of my Grandad💚.  One thing scarecrows always remind me of are sunflower fields. In Arkansas, highway 7 is the scenic highway. When I first married my husband, it was a highway full of wonderful gift shops showcasing crafts made in the Ozarks. And another site that you could see every late summer, was a large sunflower field with a few cute, authentic scarecrows giving you a wave as you drove by. It is one of my favorite memories. Sadly, those days are gone and most of the shops have closed down and the sunflower field is now owned by the Highway Department. 

I had the Best group of testers for this pattern. They are so valuable to me. Not only are they testing my patterns, but also teaching me at the same time. Here are their finished projects:

Thank you Wendy, Donette, Leticia and Ashlee!!

Thank you Sara, Reilly, Ana and DemiRae!!

Aren't they all wonderful!! As a creator, the greatest joy is seeing others use your pattern to create their own version. I love them all. 
This pattern was created using acrylic yarn, but was also tested and approved with cotton and plush. Sara used cotton and Reilly used plush. Yay!! I also made one using yarns from the Dollar Tree and using raffia (also from the Dollar Tree) for the straw. I thought attaching the raffia would be the death of me.. but I survived!!

Turns out... he is my favorite!!!

The pattern is available in both my Etsy Shop and my Ravelry Store. 

Some of my testers have crochet pages on Facebook and Instagram... go follow them for some wonderful crocheted items!!

Facebook:

Instagram:



















No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Moving!!

  In an effort to build my pattern designing business, I now have my own domain! Visit my NEW blog at:  thewhimzb.com   Come on over and see...