background

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Welcome!!!

 Hello... have we met? I'm Beth.. a WhimZ B... buzzing from one project to the next. I love all things crafty. I love keeping my hands and mind busy creating something. 

I turned 50 last December and I guess when you get to a certain point in your life, you start to ask yourself some questions. 

Mine is: Who am I?

What?? You don't know who you are by the time you're 50????? Bless your heart!! (lol)

I have come to realize that as I get older, I am changing. The person I was at 20 has long been replaced. Dreams have been replaced... plans have been replaced... reality sets in and sets your mind in a different direction.

At 50, my life expectancy is 20 more years.... 20. Whew, that just hit like a ton of bricks! I no longer have "my whole life" ahead of me. So how do I want to spend these last few years? I want to spend it being myself and not someone I wish or hope to be. I want to spend it doing what I love, and loving what I do. I want to do more for people. I want to spend time with my family.

At 50, I need to accept the hard truths about myself and stop trying things that don't work. 

So... with all that said, here are some truths and some changes about myself and reasons behind them.

1. I started this new blog.

    Why? Because I hated the other one. I only used WordPress because I thought I could use it to sell my dolls online. Well, I never could figure out how to use it easily. I had a blog years ago on Blogger and I loved it! I could customize it and make it cute using scrapbook-like elements (that are so "me"). I wish I never would have deleted it. Anyway, I decided that I would start another one on Blogger and make it cute like my old one. Why? Because I am NOT modern. I want my blog to reflect myself right when you open the page. I also have been thinking of doing more writing (because I love to) and because I would like to share some DIYs.

2. I am not a entrepreneur.

    I don't know why God didn't bless me with the gift of making money. 😉 Last year around this time I decided to re-launch my little WhimZ B business... only to fail... again. So this year, I took a hard look at myself and came to terms with it. I was talking it over with my husband and decided that I would make things that I wanted to make. Not things made to sell, not custom orders.. just things I love. Then, if I get enough, I might do a few craft shows... maybe...

3. I am not a gardener.

    I am really sad about this one. Here we are in a recession and I can't seem to grow anything. I spent A LOT of money this spring on garden things, and I didn't get to enjoy much of anything. So I decided that next year, I'm gonna plant flowers!!! 

4. I am not keeping up with the latest decorating fads. 

    I don't like white. I don't live in a Farmhouse. And most of all, I HATE TO DUST!!!!! My long time friend/boss and I have been talking a lot lately about things along this line. We were talking about our homes and decorations. She said something that has really stuck with me. She said, "I don't want my house looking like Hobby Lobby, or everyone else's on Instagram. I want my home to reflect me and my family." And she is so right!! 

I have discovered that I like "LESS". If you know me, you know I follow The Minimal Mom. She has changed my life. I mean it.... literally. With her help, I have been able to go through all my possessions and let probably 80% go. She has helped me discover what is really important. 

My favorite quote from her is this: "Everything in your home is inventory that you have to manage." 

It also helped that we lived 2 years in a camper. We discovered that we can live very well with much less and we are actually happier! Also, we are now living in my Mom and Dad's house and are re-doing it to sell in a few years. So there is not much on my walls.... and I love it. Did you know the more "stuff" you have around you, the more stress you have? It all falls back to that quote. 

I decided that my decorating style is "antique-chic". I love old things. I love floral. I love things I got from my Mom and Grandmother and thrift stores. And I also love to decorate for the seasons and holidays. But I don't want A LOT... just a few of areas in my house that I can easily change out. So there are the tv stands and a tray on the dining table. HOWEVER... Fall and Christmas brings in a little extra!

Well, I hope you know me a little better now and that you will stick around!

'Til next time...

The WhimZ B  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Moving!!

  In an effort to build my pattern designing business, I now have my own domain! Visit my NEW blog at:  thewhimzb.com   Come on over and see...